Know The Top 10 Health Benefits of CBD Oil
Cannabinoid oil, otherwise known as CBD oil has become immensely popular in the past few years. As more and more people have tried CBD, they have announced its potential benefits and advocated for the use of it.
There are many CBD oil products available on the market. And with more people shopping online and companies having the option to buy online, CBD is pretty much available to anyone.
With such a wide availability, it is best to know the 10 best health benefits of CD oil.
What Is CBD Oil?
Before we go into the health benefits of CBD, it is important to know what CBD is and what different types and forms of the product are available.
Firstly, according to Healthline CBD, “is one of over 100 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis or marijuana plant, Cannabis sativa.”
There are three different types of CBD: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate.
Full-spectrum CBD, according to HEMP Magazine, is CBD where the entire plant is extracted, i.e. nothing is taken out upon extraction. What is extracted includes cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and fatty acids. By taking out all of these, it creates the “entourage effect” which produces a wider range of benefits as all the compounds work together.
In this type of CBD, 0.3 % or less of THC, tetrahydrocannabinol, is present.
Broad-spectrum CBD can be produced either by removing THC “from the full spectrum extract,” or by combining CBD isolate “ with other isolated cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids, in an attempt to mimic the full spectrum effect without THC,” according to HEMP Magazine.
Isolate CBD is “made with an isolated CBD molecule. These products contain just the singular CBD molecule. There are not any other cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, or fatty acids naturally present in the product unless they were added separately,” HEMP Magazine states.
10 Health Benefits of CBD Oil
Although CBD has only been approved by the Food and Drug Administration, FDA, for the use of Epidiolex for two rare types epilepsy , there are many people who advocate for other uses of CBD.
- Anxiety: CBD can possibly help reduce anxiety symptoms. Verywell Health notes that in a 2019 Brazilian Journal of Psychiatry study, “57 men were given either CBD oil or a placebo before a public-speaking event. Anxiety was evaluated using physiological measures (such as blood pressure, heart rate, etc.) and a relatively reliable test for mood states known as the Visual Analog Mood Scale (VAMS). According to the investigators, men provided 300 mg of CBD exhibited less anxiety than those given a placebo.”
- Addiction: There have many studies that show how CBD can help those with addictions such as opioid, cocaine or a psychostimulant addiction. However, Verywell Health notes that, “With opioid addiction, for example, CBD showed little effect in minimizing withdrawal symptoms in the absence of THC. By contrast, CBD on its own appeared effective in minimizing drug-seeking behaviors in users of cocaine, methamphetamine, and other psychostimulant drugs.”
- Nerve Pain: People with intractable pain or are terminally ill with cancer are oftentimes prescribed medical marijuana to help with the pain. Verywell Health also notes, “According to a 2012 study in the Journal of Experimental Medicine, rats injected with inflammatory chemicals in their hind feet experienced less inflammation and neuropathic pain when treated with an oral dose and spinal injection of CBD.”
- Heart Health: There has been evidence that CBD can help reduce the risk of heart disease by helping alleviate hypertension.
- Seizures: As mentioned above, the FDA has approved the use of CBD in Epidiolex to treat two rare and severe types of epilepsy.
- Reduce Acne: A Healthline article mentions that “ CBD oil may help treat acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to reduce sebum production.”
- Help with mental illnesses: “Studies suggest that CBD may help people with schizophrenia and other mental disorders by reducing psychotic symptoms,” Healthline notes.
- Diabetes: “In diabetic mice, treatment with CBD reduced the incidence of diabetes by 56% and significantly reduced inflammation,” according to Healthline.
- Slow process of tumors: Healthline states that in animals, CBD has shown to reduce the spread of breast, prostate, brain, colon and lung cancer.
- Relieve cancer symptoms: CBD can help reduce nausea, vomiting and pain related to cancer treatments.
There are many studies in animals and humans that show the different types of relief and health benefits that CBD can offer people. But, one should talk to a doctor before taking CBD as the FDA has not yet approved the use of CBD for anxiety, diabetes, etc. Inform your doctor about the CBD you want to try and ask them about what the right form and dosage would be right for you. Also ensure you tell them about any other medications you may be taking as CBD may interact with them.
Always do your research on what form of CBD you want to take oral, topical, sublingually or inhaling. Make sure the company you are looking at is legit and provides quality CBD.